Billing rates by task

Accounting June 10, 2022

I am trying to work through an issue and would appreciate some help. 

We have a contract that has multiple billing rates. For example: Design = $100/hr Engineering = $150/hr, Rush service = $300/hr. I have built these rates into a price table. 

Let's say I have one employee who may be doing ALL of these functions for the same contract (at different points in time). Is there anyway during the time tracking process with an Epic, Task, or Bug to select the appropriate "type" of work (and therefore have the correct billing rate show up on the invoice)? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Hello, @Accounting ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is not something available with "out-of-the-box" time tracking on Jira.  You'll need an Atlassian Marketplace app such as Tempo to do that kind of billing.

Accounting June 10, 2022

Thanks @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ . We actually have Tempo. Maybe I should be checking with their support team? 

I'm just doing billing and running some reports, so unlike the engineers, I don't spend a whole lot of time on the platform. 

0 votes
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 10, 2022

Hi, @Accounting!

There is the Clerk Invoices app that can handle your case. The app can build all invoices for all your clients with 1 click at the of the month.

I'm the developer of this app, so I'm happy to answer all your questions. 🤗

Let me know if you would like to have a demo of the app!

UPM Banner.png

Suggest an answer