BigPicture working schedule template apply to program

Carry Kangur December 17, 2018

Hello,

I can't seem to find any documentation nor Q&A on how to actually apply/use a Working Schedule template on a program/gantt in BigPicture? 

I am the only one with a project having oparations on weekends and we just can't risk changing the whole jira from Mo-Fr to Mo-Su,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hi Carry! 

Sorry to tell you, but this is impossible. Currently, Working schedule is applied globally i.e. for every Program. 

Yet, please note that we will soon replace it with Workload and Holiday Plans which, at the moment, are tied to the Resources module. 

Afterwards, you would be able to define your own Workload and Holiday Plan that would be reflected on the Gantt's grid.
Plus, we are about to implement the mechanism which would do some task reschedulement based on afore-mentioned Plans. 

Cheers,
Tomek 

Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hi there Tomek, are you aware that the 'Documentation' link from within Program Manager is pointing to a 'site can't be reached'?  At least, it is for me.  2018-12-18 06_32_10-softwareplant.com.png

https://softwareplant.com/doc/app/bigpicture?product=eu.softwareplant.bigpicture&utm_source=app

Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2018

Yes, Ericka. Thank you for noticing this. 

We are now having some problems with our internal infrastructure. That's why you cannot access any of our sites. Please, keep on checking our Statuspage.

Sorry for the inconvenience! :(

Ajith Shandilya July 30, 2019

@Tomek-SoftwarePlant ,

Do you have a ETA when Workload and Holiday Plan per Program will be part of the BigPicture?

Like # people like this
Morgan Bourree December 15, 2021

Hello,

I am looking for this possibility of assigning a workload plan to a project, is it available?

If not, is there a workaround?

I really need it to specify for instance that a developer is working 40% on project A and 60% on project B.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 16, 2021

Hi @Morgan Bourree

Please be advised that a Workload Plan is a calendar used to reflect specific working hours of an individual resource. It is the basis for individual and team capacity calculation. Therefore, there is no possibility of assigning a workload plan for a given project. 

However, there is a solution in Team modules. Assigning a user to a Team, you can define his percentage availability at the level 40% for a Team in Project A and 60% for a Team in Project B. Capacity of a given user will be divided accordingly between Project A & Project B.

Suggest an answer