BigGannt Addon

Rikhard June 21, 2022

Hi there, I am creating same Gannt Chart with same tasks, for different Epics, It possible somehow to Save as a template one chart, and just past it for other epic with other Tme frames, so I dont need to make every time same tasks.
Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2022

Hi @Rikhard

The answer is yes. BigGantt enables creating templates with a predefined tasks set. A template is based on Basic Tasks, which can be converted into Jira issues in just a few clicks once a plan goes live. So you can transform your sketch plans into the actual ones in a flash.

image2021-10-19_21-45-30.png

On our wiki page, you will find step-by-step instructions for creating a task template.

I hope this help. Keep me posted in case of additional questions.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2022

Hi @Rikhard,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

You could also try our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira.

With our app you can Bulk Clone several issues at once. It's also possible to edit the epic link in bulk while cloning.

• Simply filter for the tasks you want to clone using the Jira issue search (filter for epic link)
  • Click on the Bulk Clone button
  • Select "same as original" as target project
  • In the Deep Clone Field Editor add "epic link" as field to edit
  • Configure the rest of your clone

If you have further questions about our app, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

deep-clone-jira_bulk-clone-button.PNG

deep-clone-jira_field-editor.PNG

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

@Rikhard BigGantt utilizes the issues from a specific project to generate the Gantt.  You can set up a project the way you want it and then export that project to excel, save the project to CSV then import the project into Jira and associate a Gantt.  You can then use the CSV project in the future as your template.  I know that there is also a product called BigTemplate that will allow you to export and import projects / Gantts from excel or other applications.  It might also meet your need but would be an additional cost. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215229/bigtemplate-export-to-pdf-word-excel?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events