• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Big Picture error message "task cannot be assigned to team"

I have created a team with myself as a member in Big Picture. I see the tasks assigned to me in the "Resources" view, but when I try to add the team I get the error message below. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2020-12-01 094922.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Martin Härri

The most probable reason for the warning displayed is a change in the Team field configuration. I need more information to diagnose your problem properly and introduce a solution.

Please contact the SoftwarePlant Support Team support@softwareplant.com referring to SUPPORT-340364 in the title of your request.

We will investigate your case individually.

Best,
Anna

Hi Anna, information has been sent on December 02, waiting for feedback

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

Hi @Martin Härri,
Thank you for your message. 

We have received your request and now working on it. You can expect us to respond to you soon with further information or additional questions.

Best,
Anna - SoftwarePlant Support 

In case some other user reads this post: the error was due to a misconfiguration of the field on our side. Anna was very helpful, and we have now found a solution.

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

Thank you, @Martin Härri

Let me add a short summary for other users. The base on proper Team field synchronization between Jira and BigPicture/BigGantt is a mapping. You can set it up in Jira Administration >> Manage Apps >> BIgPicture Technical Configuration >> Modules >> Resources. 

image-2020-12-16-16-51-12-325.pngTeams by default are mapped to Labels type of field; however, you can change the mapping to a dedicated custom field (Select List - single select). 

Best Regards,
Anna

Like Martin Härri likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you