Best way to have different approvers on different subtasks

Jennie Peleback October 23, 2018

We run Jira 7.3.4 with Bob Swifts Update on transition and Bob Swift Create on transition

I want to create a workflow for a new Issue Type "Request Service Window" with 1st status "Pending approval".
Required field when creating the issue is "Services affected" and depending on the information entered in that field, one subtasks per "service affected" will be created. 
As the services has different owners, I need different approvers per subtask.
When all subtasks has been approved - the parent issue will automatically transition to status "Approved" and be closed.

So, now to the question:
What is the best way to notify the different approvers when they have a subtask to approve - the easy way would be to create one event that covers all subtasks (notifies all the different approvers regardless of what service need to be approved) but I do not want the approver for "System A" to be notified if the only approval needed is for "System B"
Do I need to create separate events, one per service and trigger that event per subtask/service?

I hope the question makes sense and that I have entered all information needed :-)

0 answers

Suggest an answer