Best way to get time of issue being sent to done JIRA cloud api

Meagan August 12, 2022

So I am trying to create a little tool for our team that will see when an issues moved to the done column. 

Currently I have:

/rest/agile/1.0/board/${boardId}/sprint/${sprintId}/issue?jql=status=Done&expand=changelog

as the url to get all done issues with the changelogs. Then I parse the pages of change logs for when it was moved to done.  

Is this the best way to do this? Can I use jql on the changelog to only return status event changes so that I don't have to parse though the changelogs many pages?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hello @Meagan Hiatt 

If your workflow is setting the Resolution field when issues move to the Done column, and clearing that field if/when the issues are moved out of the Done column (i.e. reopened), then all you need to do is look at the ResolutionDate field to see when that change happened. If you set/clear the Resolution field as part of the transitions, that sets/clears the ResolutionDate field.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2022

Hi @Meagan Hiatt 

Yes, and...to Trudy's answer:

If you are not setting the Resolution as part of your workflow, you could instead use the statusCategoryChangedDate.  This field would be set as soon as the issue changes statusCategory for any status, such as to "Done"

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events