Best way to create workflow

Aliza Bleier December 9, 2021

I am creating a new workflow. I have 9 statuses that work linearly and then 4 statuses that I want you to be able to get to from any stage in the process (waiting on client, waiting on answer sort of thing).

I set each of these 4 statuses to "Allow all statuses to transition to this one". HOWEVER I also need to be able to jump back to any regular point in the workflow once the answer is received/holdup is resolved etc.

I did this by manually taking each of the 4 statuses and allowing the transition to each of the "regular" statuses in the flow. Now the statuses in the dropdown of the jira are showing the transitions instead of just the status name, like this:

Jira.jpg

From the answer here I see that this is normal behavior for the kind of flow I set up.

I don't want to simply use a flag or a label for these 4 statuses since the nature of these jiras is that they will spend a lot of time in these statuses.

Any ideas how to best handle this without having to see all of those transitions in the drop down?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events