Best Report for Project Managers

Jodie_Parsons May 20, 2019

Hi,

We are using Jira for logging our original estimates and tempo plug in for logging time spent on the tasks. We have tried to use the time tracking report to generate a project status report (in terms of if we are on track to complete tasks within the sprint). However this looks incredibly confusing. 

Can anyone suggest some good reports / plug ins for Project Managers to obtain this information if our dev teams are using Jira for logging original estimates and tempo plug in for logging time spent on the tasks? 

I'd be keen to know what works well for other PMs out there.

Thanks in advance. 

Jodie 

2 answers

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2019

Hi @Jodie_Parsons 

Currently, Jira Cloud does not have a native method to achieve this result. You can achieve it by using a plugin Time in Status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet. This add-on saves the data about each status duration.

Also, you can get the information about the average time in status, assignee time, status entrance date, time in status per date, status count and transition count.

Safe to say, this add-on is a good way to get a helicopter view, find out bottlenecks and unproductive delays in your processes.

Moreover, you can analyze the report up close with all the intrinsic data using exported XLS or CSV files. Also, you can view all reports as charts (Pie, Bar and Area Charts) and export them too (as PNG, JPEG or PDF files).

0 votes
Joshwa Marcalle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hi Jodie, 

I am a PMP certified project manager and made this addon for reporting: Hours reports

Helps with the time reports, costs, and allows for grouping in several different ways. 

I hope you like it

Josh

OB1

Suggest an answer