Best Practices for Event Management ITIL in JIRA

Christina Schreiber November 18, 2019

Hi,

I am looking for some information on the Event Management ITIL process and some best practice information for the JIRA ticketing tool.

I have located information for Change and Incident management but nothing on the Event Management - monitoring alerting side.

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Karim Abrik March 11, 2022

Okay, let's say, we use Zabbix and I want meaningful events (events to which human action is required) from Zabbix or any other system-monitoring tool to create an event ticket in Jira, is this possible. An event ticket should have a different workflow than an incident, because the event, is not an incident yet and when handled properly, will never become an incident.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2019

Hi @Christina Schreiber, welcome to the Community!

We have some pages for Jira Service Desk where you can find best practices regarding ITIL methodology, unfortunately, as you already found out Jira does not offer the possibility to monitor and manage events. You'll need to integrate it with some third-party application, like for example https://www.zabbix.com/integrations/jira.

Alternatively, you can also use Opsgenie. I'm not very familiar with this product yet, but you can find more information at Opsgenie. Let us know if you have more questions about it and we'll be happy to continue helping you.

Best regards,

Ana

Christina Schreiber November 19, 2019

Thanks Anna, appreciate the reply.

I will review the articles and get back to you.

Christina

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer