Behaviours validation script not working on create transition

Björn Gullander November 20, 2014

I can't get my behaviours validation script to work when creating transition. It validates fields fine when performing edit on an issue, but on creation it does not take any effect. 

(the logic is that if either of the three fields (medicaldevice, exflag, mddProduct) is set to true, the two other fields should be required.)

def medicalSite = getFieldByName("Medical Device Site").getValue()
def exFlag = getFieldByName("Ex Product Flag").getValue()
def mddProduct = getFieldByName("MDD Product Flag").getValue()

def deathField = getFieldByName("Did the event lead to or could have lead to death or serious injury")
def hasField = getFieldByName("Has an identifiable event happened")

if (medicalSite == "true" || exFlag == "true" || mddProduct == "true")
{
deathField.setRequired(true)
hasField.setRequired(true)

}

4 answers

0 votes
Björn Gullander December 9, 2014

According to this scenario it seems like it takes in consideration only the values that was saved before opening the edit screen: 1. Create issue. (fields are not required even if I check the "MDD Product" flag). However, let's say we don't check any of the flags at this stage. 2. Edit issue, checking MDD Product flag. This should imply that death and has-fields should be required. However the fields are not required when saving issue. 3. Edit issue again. Try to save it - death- and has-fields now get required as intended. (MDD Product field has previously been saved with checked value). Maybe I'm using the script in a way not intended ?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2014

It depends which field that behaviours on - to me it looks like it should be put on all each of the fields that govern whether death is required.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2014

It's some other problem... it will give you the values on the screen, not the ones saved on the issue.

0 votes
Björn Gullander November 21, 2014

Probably I have an idea to my own question. Scripts are getting values that are actually saved on issue - not considering if you change the values in the create screen or any other screen. Then behaviours seems not work for my needs.

Suggest an answer