Behaviours plugin - set field value based on multiple conditions

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Groovy programming and right now I'm evaluating the possibility of changing field values based on conditions. For those of you familiar with Groovy or Javascript this hopefully should be a piece of cake...

What I'm trying to achieve is the following:

An issue is in the status of "QA". If I update my custom field (in edit mode "target QA due", another field has to be updated aswell, the "current milestone due". I'm only reporting on "current milestone due" in order to keep my list view kind of clean.

Currently I have implemented a post function copying the "target QA due" value to my "current milestone due" field on transitioning to the "QA" status. That works well. The only problem is if I change my planning (target) value while the issue is in the QA status there is no post-function updating the other field.

I hope you guys understand my problem?

If it's possible I'd need sth like this (ignore the syntax:-):

IF (status="QA") {value.currentMilestoneDue = value.target QA due}

ELSE IF (status="review") {value.currentMilestoneDue = value.reviewDue}

ELSE IF....

Any help is really being appreciated!!

Cheers Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Hi Christian ,

If the status is QA and user edits the issue and sets the value of "target QA due " then this value should be copied or set to the other field "current milestone due" right ?

This can be achieved using Behaviours plugin , You will have to write a server side script on "target QA due " which will copy or set the value of "target QA due" to "current milestone due" when status is QA .

You should go through the document first , the examples are really helpful

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

I guess I've sorted it out with the help of Jamies comments:

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JBHV-134?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#issue-tabs

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager

def issueId = formContents["id"]
def issue = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager().getIssueObject(issueId as Long)
def issueStatus = issue?.statusObject?.name

FormField formStoryline = getFieldByName("Plandatum (Storyline)")
FormField formMilestonePlan = getFieldByName("Plandatum (aktueller Meilenstein)")

//if(formStatus.getFormValue() == "Abstimmung Storyline"){
if(issueStatus == "Abstimmung Storyline"){
formMilestonePlan.setFormValue(formStoryline.getFormValue())
}

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

Thanks for sharing :)

Suggest an answer