Bar Chart to show 2 weeks of work at a time on Dashboard

Tyler Daly August 19, 2022

Hi Everyone!

I am currently working on creating a dashboard for my team, and I'm running into an issue when I try to get one of my bar charts to show work completed in two week increments rather than monthly. Currently, I have two separate bar charts: the first one tracks Stories by Fix Version, and the second tracks Spikes resolved. My boss is looking to get more granular with the spikes so that instead of the chart showing the total number of spikes resolved each month of the year, it shows spikes completed in two week increments. The problem I'm running into is that our spikes do not have fix versions associated with them, so my chart is only pulling in every spike resolved in the respective month.

The JQL I have for my spikes is: project = "Technology Services HR Delivery" AND component = HRO AND issuetype = Spike AND duedate is not EMPTY AND duedate >= 2022-01-01 AND duedate < 2022-12-31 ORDER BY duedate ASC

I've also attached a screenshot of both bar charts I'm talking about for a visual. If anyone has any recommendations for me, I welcome any and all feedback!Jira Dashboard.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2022

Hello @Tyler Daly ,

You did not say it specifically, but I am assuming you want only spikes for a certain fix version(s) instead of just all spikes. 

Based on your query, if you only want SOME spikes in the "Technology Services HR Delivery" and there is no other unique identifier, there is no way to accomplish that goal. 

Perhaps a mass update of spikes to add fix version? Other than that, it's all or none.

Sorry that this is not the answer you wanted.

Take care,

Michael

If you accept this answer, please mark as accepted. Thank you!

Tyler Daly September 15, 2022

Thanks for your response, Michael! Unfortunately I think I'm out of options here; the idea of a mass update of spikes to add fix versions is a great idea, but I checked with my manager and if we were to add fix versions to our spikes, it would severely mess up several reports. I think we will just have to deal with spikes being displayed by month and stories by fix version.

Thanks again!!

Suggest an answer