Bamboo deployments triggering notifications to issue watchers

NetworkO August 22, 2014

I have hooked up jira to bamboo and now can see the deployment status of any given issue on the jira issue page (hallelujah. Long road, etc.).

My biz users would like to get notifications from Jira when an issue that they are watching is deployed into production.

I can find no "event" to attach a notification to, for "bamboo deployed it to environment X", so wondering if anyone knows how to achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014
Hi Gavin,
  1. One possible way I can think of, is to try using JQL and create a filter for issues watched by current user and then subscribe to that filter. The problem is that there is no function to check for deployed environments smile
  2. Another way would be to write a custom JIRA listener - Writing+JIRA+Event+Listeners+with+the+atlassian-event+Library

I must say this seems as an interesting enough use case for me, I will give that a shot next week to try to implement something like this.

Regards,

Radek

Suggest an answer