Bad link message

Diane Davies December 2, 2019

Users add the email address and receive the  email asking them to go and set a password when they click the link in the email it tales them to a page that say the link is bad they are unable to proceed

2 answers

0 votes
Diane Davies December 5, 2019

The two people are on different sites. But other people at the sites have  made profiles and logged in successfully.

@Soraya Harti you are the administrator are you not ?

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

Hello Diane,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, I would like to confirm where they are trying to create the account. There is an option for internal users and also for customers when using Jira Service Desk and they can create an account to login to the portal.

Internal user:

Screenshot 2019-12-02_17-45-53-553.png

Customer portal:

Screenshot 2019-12-02_17-48-05-297.png

Which option are they using?

Is it happening for all new users?

Have you tried to invite them to see if it works? If possible, try with one user to check if there is any difference.

Once we know what option they are using, we will be able to test using the same steps here to check if it's a bug.

Regards,
Angélica

Diane Davies December 3, 2019

@Angélica Luz it is the customer portal and we have 2 users reported it in seperate areas.

Thanks in advance

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Thank you for the information, Diane.

I tested on my local site and the link redirects correctly to the portal to finish the account creation.

What browser are they using? Would it be possible to use another one or an incognito window? This test is to make sure that there is nothing blocking the link.

Diane Davies December 4, 2019

@Angélica Luz 

These are users without tech skills, we are unable to "Go incognito" the people are on different sites from my own.

They tried a different browser its already been suggested

Diane Davies December 4, 2019

@Soraya Harti are you able to assist at all?

Soraya Harti December 4, 2019

@Angélica Luz 

I have tested it as well and don't get the error. It appears to be a bug that Atlassian need to resolve. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
December 5, 2019

Thank you for the details

You mentioned that this is happening only with two new customers, is that correct?

Are they based on the same location? If possible, share with us the state they are based on.

Also, is the domain different from other ones? Do other customers using the same domain face this issue?

Soraya, you said that tested and the error didn't appear, so this may be something specific for the two customers. I also wasn't able to replicate the issue on my local site.

Something important to check is if they already have an account on the site. Please, ask for a site administrator to confirm if they don't have an inactive account on the site. If they do, please, activate the account again for them to be able to log in.

Suggest an answer