Backup data

Deleted user April 12, 2019

Hey Guys,

Quick question here, I am exploring the back up section of Jira software.

I understand that we need to enter the backup file in the file name field of the back up jira data option.

However, my question is

1)How do I create this back up file?- please provide a step by step process. would be really helpful including how do i download file and in what format-please..

2)What are the most important files that I need to back up?

If I am not wrong this backup is similar to deployment by using configuration manager(CLARIFY), it works pretty easy and simple- and I have worked on that. 

Thanks in advance. your assistance would be highly appreciated.

A Jira Enthusiast!!

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Hi Harsha,

could you let us know which part of this https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/backing-up-data-938847673.html is not clear enough?

Looks pretty complete to me.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 12, 2019

Hey David,

Thanks for the quick response.

The doc is indeed clear, however, I am stuck at creating a file, which we need to put in the file name field.

How do we create that file for which we need a back up of?

Regards,

Harsha

0 votes
Deleted user April 13, 2019

Hey David,

I just wanted to say that its a silly and I really appreciate your patience and time for answering it.

I understood what it meant...I went back to my cousin who was back at home and he initially laughed and explained me. I feel bad that I asked it here..I should have understood..

I am clear with it now...

Regards,

Harsha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events