We have a story in a future sprint. This story was once in the sprint that is now the active sprint, but it was removed from that sprint before the sprint became the active sprint.
For the PO and some team members, that story is showing up in the active sprint. For me, it shows in the correct future sprint. Viewing the story itself shows the sprint field to be the correct (future) sprint.
Refreshing the browser, changing browsers, clearing cache, etc, has no effect for the affected users. This is not an isolated issue, the affected users tell me this happens regularly. As a result they do not trust their JIRA boards.
This seems to be related to a few other issues reported over the years (such as JSWSERVER-13530) but it's not exactly the same.
We're on 7.13.5.
I was facing the same issue but looks like I've figured out a work around. Any modification to the future sprint sub-task or it's parent story, seems to fix the issue.
I removed assignee of one such sub-task, changed order of the parent story for another sub-task, removed flag from the parent of yet another sub-task.
Each of these actions resulted in the future sprint sub-tasks dropping off from the Active Sprint view.
We have a similar problem where the issue always appears in the current sprint board but it is nowhere to be found in the backlog grooming view - make matters worse, there is no way to remove this thing from a sprint back into the backlog. Totally annoying and a testament that Jira is well past its prime.
Yeah, this has to be a bug. It keeps happening.
For example, we have a bug (issuetype, not subtask / sprint bug) that was in the current active sprint. It's been removed to the backlog. If we look at the issue itself, it doesn't show as being in any sprint.
However, it shows on the board.
My experimentation so far has not been conclusive. I was able to get the bug to appear in the backlog by adding an Epic Link, but other Edit actions were not enough to force the re-indexing or whatever.
Yes, it's all on the same board. Most people are seeing it wrong, but only a few of us see it "correctly".
The plot thickens:
the 8 points associated with this story are showing up in the active sprint. So if you look at the story itself, it is NOT in the active sprint. But the active sprint thinks the story is a part of it.
The only way we have found to clear this is to move the story from any sprint to the backlog. If the story is moved to any other sprint (we have future sprint "buckets" set up) it still gets "stuck". When we move it to the backlog, we do get the prompt about "affecting sprint scope".
Assuming your problem is not a software bug, What I'd do is look at your sprints. To determine the next steps, we should confirm everything is as it appears to be.
Sprints are (by necessity) objects that transcend the silos of "project." This means there is a lot of opportunity for JIRA's internal lines to get crossed. (e.g. You can have one issue on multiple boards, or in conflicting sprints. Sprint names are open text, so you could have two sprints from two boards in your system, each named "Sprint 1", and have issues move or disappear that way.)
Look at the issue in question in the "issue view" (i.e. not in the sidebar on the agile board.) Is the "Sprint" field visible to both you and your peers? If so, does it say the same thing for both you and your peers? Does the issue appear in more than one active sprint? Or on multiple boards?
If the "issue view" has any differences, you'll want to find the correct version and match them up. If not, we can look at the sprints themselves to see if they are as they seem.
Thanks for this. I did check these out (I'm not new to JIRA or Atlassian, despite the "I'm new here" tag) and these weren't the issue. The thing that is oddest to me - something I've never seen before - is how the system can think the story is part of the sprint (right down to the story points and warning about impacting sprint scope) but the issue itself doesn't have any record of having been part of the sprint, and the sprint report doesn't include that JIRA ID.
I'm pretty sure this must be a bug. I'm just not sure if it's something worth reporting since we are on an older version of JIRA.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events