Backlog - quick filter to show only issues with flags

Sven Koch November 2, 2017

In the backlog I can flag specific issues. 

What would be the JQL to create a quick filter which will only show the flagged issues?

5 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hi Sven

As per my answer to your previous question, to only show flagged issues, your filter would be

Flagged is not EMPTY

Hi Warren, 

your suggestion put into a quickfilter gives me the error "Field 'Flagged' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."

The solution is: In the German edition flagged is translated into "markiert"

flagged IS NOT EMPTY works

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hi Sven

Try looking at this link - you need to sort out the error before continuing with this

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2017

Have just created the quickfilter suggested by Warren and it works like a charm.

Found the answer: 

We have the German version installed - which translates SOME of the fields into German but most are not translated making it difficult to follow instructions ;-(

Flagged means "markiert" in German - and I found the field in the field configuration

By using "markiert is not empty"  your suggesetion works!!!

Thank you!

1 vote
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2021

I don't think language has much to do with why the JQL works for some users and not others. 

Here's why this is happening (as stated in my answer to a similar question):

The "Flagged" field must be on a screen in your project in order for a JQL search on it to work.

You can still add a flag to an issue using an agile board and right clicking the issue, but you cannot filter by the field unless you have it on a screen.

If it is on a screen, you can also "flag" an issue by updating the field's value to check the Impediment checkbox that appears when you edit the field value.

JQL could be:

Flagged=Impediment

or

Flagged is not EMPTY

0 votes
miguel.landaeta January 6, 2021

In Spanish Works as

Marcado is not EMPTY

0 votes
Allan Schwarb July 30, 2019

We use right click/'Add Flag' to indicate an in-position 'Blocked' card ... above JQL didn't work to locate the Flag ...

This worked: 

Flagged. is not EMPTY

Ref.

Flagged. - cf[44901] <-- This worked ... 'Flagged.'

Flagged - cf[16737] <-- This did not work ... 'Flagged'

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2017

Try this quick filter:

Flagged = Impediment

In the German edition the field flagged is called "markiert" and 

"markiert  is not EMPTY" works

Suggest an answer