Avoid field inherit during subtask creation

Germain Vincent November 28, 2017

Hello,

Context: Jira 7.2.0

Scriptrunner addon

I'm using two worflows. One for the ticket and one for subtask creation and management.

When I'm creating a subtask, I have a screen on which I can select a time estimation from a drop down menu with a default value set to 2 hours.

So, first time I create a subtask I have a "Time estimated in hours" field with a default value of 2.

My problem is that, when I create a second subtask, the "Time estimated in hours field" inherits the value I choosed when creating the first subtask.

For example, if while creating first subtask I set up the "Time estimated in hours" field to 6, when I will create a second subtask the default value of the "time estimated in hours" field will be 6 and not 2.

It's really important for my activity that this field value is reset to default when creating a second, or a third subtask.

Do you have any idea on how to fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Germain.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

Hi Germani.

The creating subtask builtin listener or postfunction has a field called additional issue actions.

You could write something like this:

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Time estimated in hours'}
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, 2)

That way, you will have set your issue value down to your "2" value.

Mind you, this will only work if your custom field is a numeric custom field.

Hope this helped, if you need any more help, please do say, and if this helped, please accept and upvote my answer so that other users can benefit from this question.

Cheers!

Dyelamos

Germain Vincent December 6, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Yes, it helps! Thank you.

I was expecting a solution that can apply to all kind of fields but in this particular case that's a great solution.

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer