Avoid creation of sub-task with parent info

Daniel Luevano November 17, 2016

I noticed all sub-tasks are being created with Parent info (Fix Version/s). In my workflows configuration the Fix version is a mandatory field (bug-workflow), except for sub-tasks (sub-tasks-workflow).

I have checked the options of the create transition on the workflow assigned to Sub-task issue types and there are no options to include parent info, in fact, I have added a Post Function on the Create transition to clean the field of Fix Version/s when the sub-task is created, but it didn't work. 

Do you have any ideas why this is happening?

2 answers

0 votes
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2016

As mentioned in my comment on your question, if you build your workflows from scratch, this should definitely not be happening as you wouldn't have any additional function or property making certain fields be carried over (yes, based on my own program's system, but I'm 99% confident in this assertion).

Even though you said that you have checked your sub-tasks-workflow Create transition for unnecessary functions, please verify through the resolution in this link that you do not have a create transition "Set field from parent" post-function for Fix Version. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-map-fields-of-a-parent-ticket-to-a-new-sub-task-in-jira-cloud-779160741.html

In fact, what are your sub-task-workflow's post functions for Create? My built-from-scratch workflows for example came default only with the following create post-functions:

• Create the issue originally
  • Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database
  • Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners

For any workflow I have, I believe these are the only 3 post-functions set. 

Daniel Luevano November 17, 2016

Thanks Geoff,

The workflow was not created from scratch. 

My current options are:

• Creates the issue originally.
  • Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.

I added the re-index option and keeps doing the same.

Is there a way to 'debug' a workflow?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2016

Don't know about debuging per se.
By any chance, nobody installed plugins like this did they?
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.copy-to-subtask-plugin/server/overview

Daniel Luevano November 23, 2016

@Geoff Wilson actually I created a workflow from scratch but it keeps doing the same thing. I will try to do something else and let you know.

0 votes
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2016

It definitely shouldn't be as it doesn't on mine with all of my built-from-scratch workflows, but not sure as to what yours may have in it that shouldn't be there.  Going to try to look it up before writing an answer

Suggest an answer