Avoid automatic Sign on to log in to Atlassian Community

David Leal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2019
I have two Jira accounts one from my work's email where we use Jira and another one from my personal email account.

When I am at my work computer and I want to have access to Jira Community when I click on "Log in" button, it automatically uses my work account.

Https:///community.atlassian.com

I would like to post questions using my Personal Jira Account when I at my work computer, but I am not able to avoid this kind of automatic single sign on.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2019

Hello David,

The automatically sign-on happens probably because you are already logged with your work account (google) in your browser.  Just like Youtube, Facebook, and other applications, Atlassian is integrated with Google Accounts by SAML and automatically use your first logged google account.

That being said, you can use the following options to avoid the Single Sign-on:

- Use a different browser to log in on Atlassian Community

- Logout of your Google Accounts and clear your browser cache

- Try to clear your browser cache and login in your Personal JIRA account. Then, log in the community using the same account. Finally, login to your work account in Google, keep both accounts logged in your browser.

Please, let me know if this information helps.

David Leal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Thanks @Petter Gonçalves that's the reason. I was not aware of my work Google Account and that it is integrated with Jira Atlassian. I found a simpler solution using the same browser that works. For example under Chrome, click on the user icon in the top right of the browser, then select the action: "Open Guest Windows", then log into Altassian Community with my personal Jira account in the new opened Guest Chrome Window.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

You are welcome, David.

Thank you for sharing the workaround you've found to avoid the Single Sign-on! It will absolutely help other customers facing the same behavior.

Have a nice day!

Dragass June 5, 2020

Can you remove this behavior? @Petter Gonçalves It's very annoying and redundant in general. You're reading the page and suddenly it asks you to log in for NO REASON.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2020

Hello @Dragass

I believe you are talking about a different behavior. The behavior described in this question is about the Single sign-on functionality that automatically logs you with the account you are logged in another site.

Per your description, I understand you talking about a login page that is automatically popping up when navigating in the community. Is that correct?

If that's the case, please create a new question with a screenshot of the behavior you are facing so we can further investigate it.

Daniel R_ December 21, 2022

This behaviour is truly insane and I cannot believe there is no way to opt-out of it. My google account has nothing to do with my work account (which is microsoft, btw) and it still happens.

Like Daniel R_ likes this
0 votes
s-sainik October 25, 2019

I have Jira accounts my work's email where I want to access  when I click on "Log in" button, it automatically saying that you dont have access permission.
anybody help me out to sort this problem.Thank you

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
October 25, 2019

Hello @s-sainik

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The error you are facing seems to be related to JIRA permissions, which is a different problem from the one mentioned above.

I recommend you to contact your site-administrator and ask him to check the following:

1 - Check if your user is configured with the correct product access under user management

2 - Check if you have the correct project permissions, depending on which project you should be able to access

Let me know how it goes.

Suggest an answer