Avatar's are not displayed in Safari or Chrome

We recently upgraded to v5.2.2. All custom avatar's display correctly in FireFox, but do not display in Safari or Chrome. I have verified the base URL and the <jira_home>data/avatar directory are correct.

3 answers

Check that the jira.home parameter in set correctly in the JIRA_INSTALL\WEB-INF\classes\jira-application.properties file to specify the data folder.

Can you verify that they are loading correctly by:

• editing a project
  • checking if custom avatars are shown in the Choose an Avatar pop-up in the Custom section

If that doesn't fix it, can you check your browser developer toolbar such as Firebug? Please check the network tab for all resource requests, I'm interested to see if they are actually downloaded or erroring out.

I have verified the following:

jira.home = /export/home/apps/local/jira/data/atlassian/application-data/jira

Along with the missing avatar's, my users can not use the 'Can't access my account' link. They can not set their passwords.

Are you using any web server such as Apache or Nginx to act as reverse proxy??

We are not using Apache or Nginx. We do not have a reverse proxy set up.

0 votes
David Simpson Community Champion Jan 01, 2013

I've seen something similar to this before -- it turned out that disabling antivirus on the client machine running the browser fixed this. Sounds crazy I know.

I can reproduce the same problem with our JIRA 5.2.3 installation too.

Additonally, I noticed that users are no longer able to edit their avatars in their profile summary page.

I can reproduce the same problem with our JIRA 5.2.3 installation too.

Additonally, I noticed that users are no longer able to edit their avatars in their profile summary page.
Using Chrome's Developer Tools view (CTRL+SHIFT+I) you can see that the browser gets stucked figuring out the size of the avatar.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,803 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot