Automation to run every week moving all issues to "weekly status" based on Due Date

Bruno Xavier May 2, 2024

Hi,

I am trying to create a automation that runs every Monday morning, from backlog to Weekly based on the due date field. 

I am getting a error message: 

• The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: Issue condition, Transition issue

Them I also tried the following with no success:

Jira.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2024

Hi @Bruno Xavier 

That error message is telling you the rule uses actions / conditions to access issues, but none are available.

This is a common error message when using the Scheduled Trigger without any JQL to feed it issues.  Do you have defined criteria (e.g., a JQL statement) to find the issues you want to process each week?

Next, your rule has as branch to All Created Issues.  That branch type only processes issues which were created during the execution of the rule, but there are none.

My recommendations are:

1. identify the JQL you need to find the issues; you probably can include all of the checks you are currently performing with conditions in the rule
  2. add that JQL to your rule trigger, deciding if you want the rule to look at issues found even if they have not been updated (There is a checkbox in the trigger for that option.)
  3. move all of your actions outside of that branch, and then remove the branch

Your final rule may look like this:

• trigger: scheduled with your JQL
  • action: transition the issue

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders