Automation to clone the Epic with its stories

KTulsankar May 30, 2022

Since "Deep Clone For Jira" from Marketplace Atlassian comes with the pricing, I tried to achieve deep cloning of an Epic via automation.

I referred to below community discussion:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Automation-Set-quot-Epic-Link-quot-on-Story-to-Epic-created-in/qaq-p/1570205

My cloned stories are getting linked to the Original Epic itself with the automation I have written.

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Hi @KTulsankar -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing, for a question like this please post images of your entire rule and the audit log showing the details of the execution.  That will provide context for the community to offer ideas.

Next, you do not need a branch on Most Recently Created Issue to get the key.  Instead, just try using {{createdIssue.key}} for the most recent one.

Next, what are you setting as the value of the created variable {{EpicId}} as it may not contain the key value of the just created epic?

And lastly, what type of project are you using: company-managed or team-managed?  For a company-managed project "Epic Link" is used and for team-managed it is "parent" to connect epics with their child issues.

Kind regards,
Bill

KTulsankar May 30, 2022

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the response.

My problem is resolved by using {{created.key}} smart value. Now the automation for deep cloning works fine.

Regards,

Kiran

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Hi, @KTulsankar !

Welcome to the Community!

What is your question? Were you able to achieve the desired goal with automation?

KTulsankar May 30, 2022

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for extending your help.

My issue is resolved now.

Regards,

Kiran

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL