Automation rule on sprint closing

Oleksandr_Ruzhylo April 20, 2023

Hello friends.

I have the following task:

every time the sprint is closed I need to send an email to the stakeholders and add to the email body list of the issues with some exact status.

Please advise how to proceed.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Hello @Oleksandr_Ruzhylo 

Have you tried to construct the rule? If so, please show us what you have so far.

There is a Sprint Completed trigger.

You could follow that with a Lookup Issue action to get the set of issues you want to include in the email.

Then you could use a Send Email action to send the list of issues.

Oleksandr_Ruzhylo April 21, 2023

Hello @Trudy Claspill .

I have tried to construct the rule.

I used Sprint Completed trigger, and I used the action "send email".

The main challenge for me is to add a list of issues with the exact status. 

iScreen Shoter - 20230421103439897.jpg

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

The sample rule you showed is not using the Sprint Completed trigger.

Between the Sprint Completed trigger and the Send Email action you need to use a Lookup Issues action to actually get the issues you want to list in the email. You use a JQL in that action to select the issue you want.

When you have used the Sprint Completed trigger, then you can use a smart value in the JQL to select issues from the sprint that was completed:

sprint = {{sprint.id}}

That will give you all the issues in the sprint. If you want only the issues that are in a specific status, then add a clause for Status:

sprint = {{sprint.id}} and status = <your desired Status value>

To then send a single email listing all those issue you retrieved, add to the content of your email:

{{#lookupIssues}} 
* {{key}}
{{/}}

Where you see {{key}} that indicates that the issue key for each issue returned by Lookup Issues should be printed. If there are other fields from each issue that you want to print add the smart values for those:

These issues were in Status X when the sprint was completed:

{{#lookupIssues}}
* {{key}} {{summary}}
{{/}}

Screen Shot 2023-04-21 at 1.06.56 AM.png

Like Rebeca Moreira Lopes likes this

Hello @Trudy Claspill .

It works!!! Thansk a lot.

In addition, I'm trying to add hyperlinksiScreen Shoter - 20230421142545611.jpg but seems to be its not working as I wish(

It's fine. I found the solution. 

Once again - thanks a lot.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2023

@Oleksandr_Ruzhylo could you post what you used for hyperlinks?  I'm looking to do similar.  Thank you!

Oleksandr_Ruzhylo April 27, 2023

Hello @delmario 

Please see below:

iScreen Shoter - Google Chrome - 230427164558.jpg

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer