Automation rule not triggered for ticket created via API

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

I'm setting up a Service Management project that handles tickets created by an API (from Collibra) as well as user-entered requests from the portal. I have an automation set up to auto assign tickets on create but it doesn't work for the API-generated tickets. According to the automation log, it doesn't run at all for those. Is there a different trigger I need to use for API tickets? Or a trick to get the automation to see them? 

Thx!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

And the magical power of asking somehow solved the problem. Without making any changes, the same automation that never worked this morning is suddenly working when I went back to take screen shots <facepalm>

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2021

Hi @Kathy Barton 

For an automation-related question like this, please consider posting an image of your rule and the audit log from an execution of it.  That will provide context for the community to offer you suggestions.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2021

Thanks! I'm confident that I will have more automation questions in the future. I'll make sure to include that info. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer