We've created an automation rule to send the notification on Microsoft Teams for a specific transition in workflow.
But when we checked in audit log we're getting the attached error.
Can you please help us to know where we're missing here?
Thank you in advance.
Hi @Narendra Kumar ,
Please check if you have followed the steps while configuring the automation rule for your project:
1. Go to project in which you want to setup automation rule.
2. Click on project settings
3. Click on Automation
4. Create new rule
5. Set the event on which you want the notification to be sent to MS teams
6. In action, Select Send Microsoft teams message
7. Go to MS teams and select channel in MS teams on which you want the notification
8. Click on ... of channel name
9. Click on connectors and select incoming webhook and give it a name you want
10. Then you will get the webhook URL
11. Copy that URL and paste in Automation rule and fill all required information and activate it
12. Try triggering that event and check if there is notification in teams channel or not.
Hope that helps,
It seems like there is perhaps some configuration issue with the way the incoming webhook is set up on the MS Teams side. That error message 'null or empty eventType' is the response your webhook request receives when trying to communicate with MS Teams.
I see there have been some similar issues raised in this community post. It seems some people had success by changing the MS Teams connector.
Another possibility is that perhaps a type of connector or version you are using requires a different payload than we are sending. If this is the case you may need to raise a support request for us to dig into this further.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events