Automation not working as intended

Amy Jo Turner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2020

I have tried to use the automation to edit a description - though it does not edit and rather overwrite what is put in upon ticket creation. I would like to be able to put a ticket template in but I cannot find a way to do it.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2020

Hi Amy Jo,

Try this in the field in Automation For Jira:

{{issue.description}}

Type next text here.

That should keep the existing text and then append your additional text. You can actually put the existing text field at the bottom or in between if you like.  :-)

Amy Jo Turner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2021

Apologies for the superbly late reply, this was exactly what I was after! Lots of us are finding a use for the automation with this tip now :) thanks!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2020

You really need to elaborate how you're currently doing it, with which plugin, whether it's some menu somewhere, whether you're doing it from the workflow, or with javascript, etc., the options are very very broad.

In any case if you set a function to "setDescription()" then it sounds like it does what it should.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events