Automation issue - auto assigning component for child issues when editing property of epic

Plamen Todorov December 14, 2021

Hello,

I previously set an automation that auto assigned a new label for all issues in an epic when a label of the epic is edited.

I duplicated the same automation logic but this time to auto assign component for all issues in an epic, when the component of the epic is edited.

For some reason, it doesn't work. There is no event in the audit log whatsoever.

It's as if the automation is not enabled. But it is.

Can anyone advise what is the issue?

My automation is set as follows:

autom4.PNGautom3.PNGautom2.PNGautom1.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Plamen Todorov 👋

I have the same result as @Alex Koxaras _Relational_, unfortunately it works fine for me when I tried to replicate the rule 🤔

Is there something additional we could be missing?

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Plamen Todorov 

I've tried the exact same rule on my instance (cloud though) and it works just fine. The only problem is that it takes more than 5sec to perform these changes:

components.png

Your rule doesn't fire at all, or it fires and nothing happens?

Plamen Todorov December 15, 2021

Hey Alex thank you for reaching out. The rule doesn't fire at all.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

@Plamen Todorov 

Do you have more than one fields with the same or similar name to component?

Suggest an answer