Automation: how to copy Figma plugin attachment from the parent issue?

agladkikh July 21, 2021

We use automation to create a new issue for dev-team once the design is ready.

However I can't find a way to copy Figma plugin attachment from the parent issue. It seems like Figma plugin doesn't match any typical field like "customfield" etc. 

2 answers

0 votes
Randi Rogers October 26, 2022

I'm running into the same roadblock. Where you ever able to make this work? 

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 31, 2022

Hello @Randi Rogers,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

If you're open to work with a Marketplace app, you can try Deep Clone for Jira.

It is possibel to clone issues including "Figma URL/Designs" with our Jira cloud app.

• Select the issue you want to clone
  • Click "Deep Clone" in the issue action menu
  • Make sure to select "Clone issue properties" in the Deep Clone dialog
  • Clone

deep-clone-jira_clone-figma-url (1).png

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

Hi @agladkikh 

You may want to check that marketplace vendor's documentation to see if they support that with automation.  I suggest checking here for the specific product you are using, and then check their "support" tab: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&query=figma

While waiting for the vendor's response, you could also use the technique described in this article to learn if there is a smart value for the field.  Basically you find an example issue with the data, use a browser to call the REST API, and the search for your field/data in the results.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/

Best regards,
Bill

agladkikh July 21, 2021

thanks! 

Suggest an answer