Automation from Custom Field Date Copy Due Date

Justin Hall August 28, 2019

I have a custom field that is a date picker at the story level and I want to copy this dater value over to specific sub-tasks due date and then minus an incremental number of 6 business days anytime the custom value date is adjusted. 

USE CASE:

Story/ Requested Deployment Date - 30/Sep/19

Automation Rule = {{triggerissue.fieldid=customfield_12717.minusBusinessDays(6)}}

JSON: 

{
"fields": {
"Due Date"{{triggerissue.fieldid=customfield_12717.minusBusinessDays(6)}}"
}
}

Expected Result: Subtask/Due Date = 20/Sep/19

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2019

What's your question? 

Try the following by the way

{{#issue.customfield_12717}}func= minusDays(6){{/}}

Add 2 rules 

One for automating the copy of value of sub-task

Another for customfield changed event

Justin Hall September 3, 2019

Would this go into the JSON or the JQL function ?

Im looking to copy my custom field date of my story to the due date of my subtask

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

You would write this in automation rule for due date field in sub tasks 

Justin Hall September 3, 2019

I received the error:

"Error parsing template: Mismatched start/end tags: null != in template-7103ef77-4e4e-4ce9-9b81-b887d52c88ee:1"

Justin Hall September 18, 2019

@jira guy Would this go into the JSON section? See here for screenshot. Thanks for your helpScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 2.49.09 PM.png

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2019

Not the json section. You had it right in the above screenshot. 

It would go in the field value section. 

Copy paste this in the value section and perform testing. I don't think you need trigger stuff.

{{#issue.customfield_12717}}func= minusDays(6){{/}}

Justin Hall September 23, 2019

This worked! Thank you!!

Boris Lapouga December 17, 2019

What if I had the same error (not the same automation task) where I need to incorporate smart value in JSON string, how can that be done?

Suggest an answer