Automation for jira IF/ELSE due date

Eric.LA_Chen November 6, 2019

Hi, I want to do a simple thing with Automation for JIRA.

but I can't try it out.......

sample:

if(due date has value){    

// Add comment to issue

}else{    

// no action

}

Can some one help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hello Eric,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you want to update your issues with a comment when the due date have any values. Is that correct? Can you please provide what would be the trigger of the rule? More specifically, should it be triggered when the issue is created or when the due date is added to the issue?

Also, are you using the add-on Automation for JIRA or you are talking about the default automation of JIRA Service Desk?

Using the default automation feature of JIRA service desk, you can configure the rule to trigger when the issue is created or when the status is updated. In case you want it to trigger when the due date is updated, you will need to allow the due date field to be changed only when transitioning the issue:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 18.45.40.png           Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 18.46.25.png

In case you are using the Automation for JIRA add-on, you can configure the rule to trigger when the issue is created or when the due date is updated:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 18.51.19.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-12 at 18.53.11.png

Let me know if this information helps or if you still have any questions.

Suggest an answer