It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation for checkbox field?

Hi, automation newbie here looking for some help. 

Looking for a way for Jira to autocheck from a field of checkboxes based on the test present on the issue. 

e.g. Text "disconnect" is present in description and/or comment which will tick the "disconnection" checkbox in a field. 

There is a big list of checkboxes in this field, and I want to automate finding several keywords and tick any and all relevant checkboxes.

I also don't want it to to check for a keyword, find one, and stop the process, which is what I'm currently stuck with. Image attached.

Triggered when a new comment is added. 

1 answer

Why the otherwise if you want every rule is checked?

diferent if blocks will do the job if conditions are not excluding amongst them

1. when...
  2. If block (condition 1)
    1. do something
  3. if block (condition 2)
    1. do something different
  4. if block (condition 3)
    1. do another thing

Yes, that's what I am TRYING to do, though the JIRA UI adds the 'otherwise' and I'm not certain how to change that to an IF. 

Any ideas? The interface isn't clear on if this is even possible. 

My other option would be to create a separate rule for each condition...

Just tried this and the separate rules untick the checkboxes previously ticked...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

840 views 5 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you