Automation for Jira : JSON update multi user picker

Purevdorj Nyamdorj November 8, 2022

Hi, everyone 

Currently I am struggling with Jira Automation tool with updating multi user picker field.

Query is simple. When condition met then multi-user picker field will be updated automatically. (means add people on current picked users ) 

is there anyone who can help me ?

Regards,

Purevdorj

I have tried this but no idea how to find account id.

{
"fields": {
"customfield_10210":[ { "id":"accountid" }]
}
}

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2022

Hi @Purevdorj Nyamdorj 

First, are you trying to add values or replace all existing ones?  If you are trying to add, please see this example for another multi-select user field: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/#Request-participants

Next, are you trying to set a user from another issue user field, such as assignee, or for a specific user?

• If from another field, access the smart value from the field like this: {{issue.assignee.accountId}}
  • If for a specific user, you could find their accountId by performing a JQL search with a user name, and Jira will replace the value with the accountId in the query.  Then you may use the value in your rule.

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Yes, I am trying to add values. I have tried to find accountID by searching but I could not find. Is there something wrong ? any other ways to find accountID ?

Regards,

Purevdorj

search.JPG

Also, i have tried this 

{
"fields": {
"customfield_10210":[ { "id":"92c8a499-542a-45e3-b43a-aebcbfba618e" }]
}
}

but even audit log says success, this custom field is missing in new issues. I got external_id number from database. 

Regards,

Purevdorj

Seems I was trying something wrong. Its working fine. Thanks @Bill Sheboy 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer