Automation for Jira Cloud - Future Sprints

Mauro Bennici November 12, 2020

Hi all,

I set up a rule that creates an issue of a specific type once I create a new sprint.

Now the problem is, I have to set the sprint in the issue, but although Jira allows multiple open (not started) sprints, I can only set the first in line. 

I. e. I create sprint 1, 2 and 3, and the rule creates 3 issues in sprint 1.

How can I target the right sprint when I have multiple open (not started) sprints?

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Mauro Bennici

please try to update your automation rule like this.

In "Create issue" action paste this text to the additional fields section:

{
"fields": {
"sprint": {{sprint.id}}
}
}

If the rule is executed, when a sprint is created, the variable {{sprint.id}} should exist and contain newly created sprint's id.

Just tested it and it works for me.

Mauro Bennici November 13, 2020

Hi Hana, 

thanks for the quick response!

It seems to work - in a way, the rule compiles and executes correctly, and I can find the issue if I search it from the filter page, but I can't see it in the backlog view until I start the sprint. 

The lack of visibility may be related to the rule bringing that issue to complete status as soon as it's created. 

Is there a way not to make the issue disappear?

kind regards

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Hi @Mauro Bennici

hmmm... what about to create it, after the sprint is started instead of created?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events