Automation for JIRA set custom field from a different addon

Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018

Hey,

I'm using "Automation for JIRA" add-on (jira server) and I want to set custom field that provided by "Power Database Fields" add-on .

Field type is "Database Information"

The action is "Create issue" 

That's what I tried: 

(not working)

{
  "fields": {
     "customfield_22003": {
         "value": "Taboola - Network"
      }
   }
}

Please advise

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Muse _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

Hi @Neta Elyakim unfortunately, no, you can not set a Database Information field with REST at this time. If you have the Power Scripts add-on you could create a REST script to update the Database Information field as a workaround. I will make sure this gets added as a feature to include in future development. Thanks.

0 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2018

Hi Neta,

I can't find any information on setting these values via REST. You may need to reach out to the cPrime guys to see if these fields support it and if so what is the format required.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I couldn't find any documentation on this at all.

Cheers,

Nick

Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2018

Thanks Nick for your answer I will try this

Suggest an answer