Automation - Transition issue not working on some tickets

Chris Delgado May 3, 2023

Hi,

I have a project where we capture issues from a portal in project 1, and then they get created and cloned into this project 2. Everything works fine, but now I want to implement the following:

- Issues cloned into Project 2 need to move from NEW to LEAD TECHNICIAN, which should be pretty easy but it doesn't even acknowledge the issues and nothing in the logs.

- This rule works for issues created from an API into Project 2, it immediately transitions those successfully.

Rule below for details. 

chrome_LhDaSA8kMb.png

I have been breaking my head trying to figure out why it only works with issues created through an API, and not with these issues created by an automation. 

If anyone can give me some idea what is going on here. 

Thank you,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

How are the issues getting cloned into Project 2? Is that being done by a user or through another Automation Rule?

<Edited to correct TYPO in answer!>

If cloning is done through another Automation Rule, then check the Rule Details on the rule you created to transition the issues. Make sure this box is unchecked checked.

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 2.21.51 PM.png

Chris Delgado May 4, 2023

Yes, it is being cloned by an automation rule from Project 1 into Project 2. 

I checked the rule in Project 1 and that box is already unchecked. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

You said "I checked the rule in Project 1 "

You need to check the rule in Project 2 - the rule you showed us that is trying to transition the issue to a new status.

Is the Transition rule being triggered at all when the Clone rule creates the issue?

Chris Delgado May 8, 2023

Apologies. Correction I checked Rule for Project 2. Here is a screenshot and this rule works when tickets are created through a service account from other environment (Bitbucket) but not when they are cloned from Project 1 to Project 2. 

chrome_Wj0TKPpVQz.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

And my apologies to you. I have a typo in my original reply.

The rule in Project 2 needs to have that box checked so that the rule in Project 2 can be triggered by actions that occur from other rules having executed.

Chris Delgado May 8, 2023

This actually worked! thank you so much!

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

You're welcome. Sorry for causing any confusion with the typo in my original answer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events