Automation: Issue fields condition: has Attachment

I am setting up a different auto-reply for tickets with and without and attachment. 

What I want to do in words is

if the ticket has an attachment, send an email saying: Thank you

if the ticket has no attachment, send an email saying: The attachment is missing

How would I do that?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Hi Simon, welcome to the Community! You can achieve this via Automation. Something like this...

trigger - issue created (assuming the expected attachment occurs at creation)

condition1 - something that uniquely defines when an attachment is expected, e.g. Request type

condition2 - JQL - attachments is empty

action - send email to reporter of missing attachment

Now, by default, if enabled there is a issue created notification that goes to the customer and I suggest leaving that in tact to say thanks. then the automation would send another email stating missing attachment if that is the case. However, you could elect to disable the default Creat notification and use an If/else condition in the automation to send one or the other emails. The reason I don't like this is that you might want the Create notifications for some request types that don't require attachments.

LMK if you need further input and good luck!

wow, you were fast! Thank you! Perfect!

Manoj September 7, 2022

@Jack Brickey  Hello, Greetings!

Need your help pls.

I have custom field called "Total Value", what i want is if the total value is >=100000 then attachment is mandatory and allows workflow to transit from Status A to status B

and if "Total Value" is <100000 then it should not ask for any attachment and simply workflow transit from Status A to Status B.

Note- attachment is in ppt form.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Your use case is different. I suggest opening a new question for the community. With that said, very briefly, Automation will not work here as it occurs after the fact. You need a conditional Validator. For this you will need an addon app.

0 votes

ups, found it!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events