Automation: Create a rule that will trigger and email to specific audience when SLA is breached.

Nile Gator April 26, 2021

I created an automated rule to alert users when the 'Time to Response' SLA is breached. The rule is working fine but the email message says "This issue needs your attention". I am looking to customize the email message to specifically say that "Time to Response SLA has been exceeded the target". 

Is there a way to achieve this?  

3 answers

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2021
0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2021

Hi @Nile Gator ,

As an alternative you can use Time to SLA.

Time to SLA has a highly customizable notifier feature, which allows users to send customizable emails and Slack messages to interested parties (assignee, reporter, specific users, groups, voters, watchers, project roles, groups, a Slack channel and so much more). 

TTS offers you a flexible way of creating dynamic e-mail content so you can add different parameters to your messages.

Also, there is a great flexibility for the timing of the messages. You can send the notifications before /after and at the time of the SLA breach and also when a certain percentage of the SLA Goal has passed.

Server/DC:

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 18.26.41.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-27 at 18.28.49.png

Besides these, there are unique features that TTS offers such as the ability to Reset an SLA, ability to show SLA panel in customer portal, SLA gadgets and so much more.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm a member of of the Snapbytes team.

0 votes
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

I think you are not using the right action. Can you share what action are you using? 

The Send Email action is the appropriate one where you can set the subject. 

Nile Gator April 26, 2021

Thanks for your respond, Mohammad. 

I am trying to create automated rule for "Keep on top of SLA" so that anytime the "Time to response" and/or the "Time to Resolve" are breached, an email notification is sent to certain folks. So I configured the "WHEN", "IF" conditions correctly and when I try to configure the "THEN" condition by selecting "Send email" from the dropdown, there are only two (2) selections: "Reporter (customer)" and "Customer involved". 

I don't want either of those two selections. Is there a way to modify the selection so it will accept email addresses of certain users? 

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Are you using "Automation rules"? Not sure if you have this in the "free plan". It is a built-in plugin bought by Atlassian. Here is the documentation : https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-management-evaluator-resources/jira-service-management-automation. And here are some screenshots : https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/automation. 

Nile Gator April 27, 2021

Yes, I am using "Automation rules" and have a licensed version of "server" Jira Service Desk. 

The available automation rules specific to "send email" allows for sending email to "Reporter" and/or "Customer" only. I need to be able to type in the email addresses of other roles in Jira.   

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

If using Jira Service Management Cloud, you should find the action "send email" where you can set values as you want. 

Capture d’écran 2021-04-27 à 13.43.43.png

Nile Gator April 27, 2021

I am using the Service Management Server, which doesn't seem to have the option to set values for Send email. That's unfortunate.  

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

That's it. Because it is stated "Cloud" in the deployment plan of your request. 

You can still use "Automation Lite" which is free but is limited. Otherwise, you must use a paid plugin like "Automation for Jira" or other. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events