Automation: Create Linked ticket in another project

Eric Van Pyrz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2021

I am trying to set up an automation rule (global) that accomplishes the following:

• When an issue in ProjectA (only) transitions from Backlog to Selected for Development
    • Create a new ticket in ProjectB, and link them via created/creates link type, and set its status to ProjectB's Selected for Development status

And then a secondary automation:

• When the linked issue in ProjectB updates from Selected for Development to In progress, update the status of the linked ProjectA ticket.

For the first automation, here is what I tried to set up:

• When Issue Transitioned from Backlog to Selected for Development
  • For Current Issue
    • Create a new issue of same type in ProjectB
    • And: Link issue to: Most recently created issue

Audit log is showing these two errors:

• Could not find create meta data for project/typeId #####/#####
  • Error linking issues: At least one of 'id' or 'key' is required to identify an issue

This rule was set up with the scope set to both of the projects.

Both projects are company-managed; Both projects are using the same scheme and workflow as well.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi @Eric Van Pyrz 

Can you please verify the existence of the fields for the creation in target Project B? There might be a config change. 

Please attach a screenshot from the automation if possible.

Best

Eric Van Pyrz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2021

Hey @Tansu Akdeniz , screenshot attached below, with the create issue option open. Both projects should have identical fields and issue types, since they share the same scheme and workflow. Additionally, both projects have the same component and release versions listed, too.

2021-04-15_22-38-33.png

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

You said projects are identical but I want to be sure.

Please check;

• The existence of same issue type and priority in MNG project.
  • All those fields availability in MNG project create screen.
  • Validations and required fields in MNG project for creation.

If everything seems fine, can you please only send summary and description as a parameter and remove other fields (if not required in MNG) in automation ?

1 vote
avo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Hey @Eric Van Pyrz 

This worked for me:

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 3.10.20 pm.png

In addition to what @Tansu Akdeniz suggested, something to look out for as well is are both projects classic or next-gen projects?

Hope you work it out!

Suggest an answer