Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation: Assign multiple code reviewers

Edited
Robert I'm New Here Dec 13, 2021

Hi there, I'm trying to set up an automated code review assignment.

The logic should work like this:

• When the issue is transitioned
  • if it is of a certain type
  • then
    • select the first Approver via round robin from a pre-defined group who is not the current assignee
    • and assign the issue to the second approver (selected the same way), who is neither the first approver nor the current assignee.

Did that make clear what I'm trying to achieve?

I have created a custom field Approver to store the first approver but I cannot select a user the way I described to enter it there. The field is not listed in the Choose fields to set... selection for the Edit issue action.

Is this possible at all? Or have I followed the wrong approach?

I've looked into the advanced field editing but I don't have the feeling that I can accomplish much with that.

automation-review.jpg

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Robert,

It might be simplest to assign reviewers using two separate automation rules - you can find an example of how to do this in this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-discussions/Could-you-automate-code-reviews/td-p/1832308

Cheers,

Charlie

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you