Automating multiple sub tasks

Curtis Hillier August 25, 2013

I have created a sub task which collects related groups of information to the master issue.

In the master issue there is a custom field that defines how many sub tasks are needed (to collect all of the information sets) each time a master issue is entered. In some cases the entry is one so no sub tasks are required.

Does anyone know how to automate the process of initiating the custom named subtask based on the value in the custom field (entered during the create issue step), and keep it going until we count down to the last instance?

Example: In create new issue; enter number of sets = 5; initial information set is already in master task; create four more sub tasks sequentially to capture set 2, 3, 4, 5; end auto collect; continue with create new issue;

Any advice is much appreciated even if some one knows it cannot be done out of the box or with a plugin. If it cannot be done out of the box fine, I just want to vet any possibilities.

3 answers

0 votes
Curtis Hillier August 27, 2013

I have identified a plugin which provides a customizabe transition step.

I may not be able to have the sub task creation take place in the desired sequential point in the create issue proces but if it is done as a post transition process that will suffice.

That initially looks like it will hold the code to achieve the desired sub task creation.

Once tested I will post the details.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

I am not sure what your scenario is exactly, but perhaps this might help: How to create multiple issues - advanced example

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

you can check this, it is almost same

just you have to get vaue from custom field and need to calll create issue function

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/203586/creating-sub-task

Suggest an answer