Automating Sprint to ticket

Kasper Ell May 9, 2022

I am currently trying to automate a task.

When a new sprint is created, a new change ticket will be raised in a different project. (that's the part that is working)

New problem for me is, i need to link each issue created in the sprint to said change ticket, I can link the issues manually, but i cant figure out how to automate the process.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Kasper Ell ,

You can achieve that using the following automation rule :

sprint community.png

In order to filter the issues in the newly created Sprint, you can use the following JQL in the Branch part of the automation :

Sprint = "{{sprint.name}}"

Does it solve your problem ?

Guilhem

Kasper Ell May 9, 2022

Hi  

Thanks for the reply!

When i try to execute the rule pasted below i get following error:

Branch rule/Related issues

Error searching for related issues. This is most likely because the following issues don't have a related issue of the type you specified. Try narrowing your search to only include issues that contain links to related issues:

NO ISSUE: "sprint = SEC Sprint 2" - Error in the JQL Query: Expecting either 'OR' or 'AND' but got 'Sprint'. (line 1, character 14)"

I am not sure if the problem is that i want to create the new issue (change ticket) in a different project?

I am a complete beginner to Jira, and have only been using it for 2 weeks.

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Oh my bad, I gave you an incorrect JQL request, the correct one is the following : 

Sprint = "{{sprint.name}}"

I edited it in my original answer too :)

Kasper Ell May 10, 2022

@Guilhem DupuyYou are a legend!

Thank you so much!

Like Guilhem Dupuy likes this
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

Ahah you're welcome @Kasper Ell !

Like Kasper Ell likes this

Suggest an answer