Automatically updating software environment for a bug/defect

David Adler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2019

Hi, 

I have 8 environments that various versions of my software migrate through to get to production.   

Currently, I use an html page hosted on my network that on load, queries each environment which returns a json message with the envronment details including the software version  currently in each environment.     

I'd like to embed/link this information somewhere inside my bug and defect issues in Jira so that the environment where the code currently resides is updated automatically within the Jira issue.  

I see there is an 'Environment' field but I'm indifferent on which field to use.  Just want to be able to see the current environment and have it update automatically in the issue. 

Whats the easiest way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Arun_Thundyill_Saseendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2019

Hello @David Adler

If you have a scripted logic using the HTML page that gets you the environment, you can use a scripted field with the same logic written in groovy and quite easy do your task.

You can know more about it here.

Hope it answers your question. If it does, please mark the answer accepted so that it will help others in the community. If you have further queries, please feel free to post them.

Thanks

Arun

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events