Automatically transition workflow status when the current date is past an issue's date field?

I want to configure an automatic transition when the current date is past a date field (e.g. today is 12/8/17 and the issue's date field is 12/7/17, so transition to next workflow status).

Is this possible? If so, how?

It looks like Script Listeners only checks condition for 'Fast-track transition an issue' when an event occurs, but I'm hoping to transition even if the ticket is inactive.

Thank you in advance!

3 answers

2 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 08, 2017

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that you have the Adaptivist Scriptrunner plugin? If so then use escalation service functionality. Kindly follow the link below to receive more information:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.2/jira/escalation-service.html

Hey Alexey,

Thanks, I was able to set up the escalation service.

Ivan Tovbin Community Champion Dec 09, 2017

Howdy,

I think you can also achieve this with 'Automation for Jira' plugin if you happen to have it. 

Create a scheduled rule that will transition the issue if it meets this JQL:

'your date field' < startOfDay() and status = 'status this transition goes from'

Hey Ivan,

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have that plugin, but it looks really useful.

Hey @Ron,

Looks like you already have 2 options/answers above.

If you're curious and open to trying another, I'd recommend checking out Power Scripts.

It'll super easy and straightforward to do these auto-transitions with just 3 lines of code:

/*Call this script on a set schedule.It will transition issues that are past due.*/ string [] keys = selectIssues("project = EX AND duedate is not  EMPTY AND duedate < startOfDay()"); for(string k in keys) {     autotransition(61, k, true, true, true);}

Here's a short video guiding you through step-by-step.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

135 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you