Automatically transition workflow status when the current date is past an issue's date field?

Ron December 8, 2017

I want to configure an automatic transition when the current date is past a date field (e.g. today is 12/8/17 and the issue's date field is 12/7/17, so transition to next workflow status).

Is this possible? If so, how?

It looks like Script Listeners only checks condition for 'Fast-track transition an issue' when an event occurs, but I'm hoping to transition even if the ticket is inactive.

Thank you in advance!

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that you have the Adaptivist Scriptrunner plugin? If so then use escalation service functionality. Kindly follow the link below to receive more information:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.2/jira/escalation-service.html

Ron December 11, 2017

Hey Alexey,

Thanks, I was able to set up the escalation service.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2017

Howdy,

I think you can also achieve this with 'Automation for Jira' plugin if you happen to have it. 

Create a scheduled rule that will transition the issue if it meets this JQL:

'your date field' < startOfDay() and status = 'status this transition goes from'

Ron December 11, 2017

Hey Ivan,

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have that plugin, but it looks really useful.

Matt Allison March 11, 2019

This just solved my issue- thank you!

0 votes
Johnson Wang December 11, 2017

Hey @Ron,

Looks like you already have 2 options/answers above.

If you're curious and open to trying another, I'd recommend checking out Power Scripts.

It'll super easy and straightforward to do these auto-transitions with just 3 lines of code:

/*Call this script on a set schedule.It will transition issues that are past due.*/ string [] keys = selectIssues("project = EX AND duedate is not  EMPTY AND duedate < startOfDay()"); for(string k in keys) {     autotransition(61, k, true, true, true);}

Here's a short video guiding you through step-by-step.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

Suggest an answer