Automatically set user in custom field on state change

Stephen McCants August 2, 2019

We have a custom field for the code Reviewer.  When a ticket is moved into the Resolved state, we'd like to automatically assign someone to be the Reviewer.  Since we only have two programmers, this will be the person who is not the Assignee.

I tried a few Post Functions on the state transition, but couldn't get anything to work.  We have JSU installed for some other verification steps.

What is the best/right way to automatically assign someone to a custom field during a state transition?

1 answer

0 votes
Roman Kersky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2019

HI. =)

I know workaround with use  JSU 

1. You need create 2 transition
2. The Fist transition : add new condition only fist developer can do transition and add post function The CustomField of the issue will be set to Second Developer.
3. Second transition: (set same name and add space) : add new condition only second developer can do transition and add post function The CustomField of the issue will be set to Second Developer.
image.png

Stephen McCants March 25, 2021

Just now saw your answer (oops), but I may give it a try.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer