Automatically resolve JIRA issues when merging pull request in Stash?

Robert Dailey July 21, 2014

When I merge a pull request in Stash, it would be great if it could automatically mark referenced JIRA issues as Resolved. Maybe it could look for specific wording surrounding the issue text in the pull request message and/or commit messages and determine specific resolution based on that. For example:

"Fixes ABC-123" --> Resolve as "Fixed"

"Relates to ABC-123" --> Do not resolve, but link the issue to the commit (current behavior)

Does this functionality exist?

2 answers

0 votes
jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2014

There is a "Storyflow for Stash" plugin which helps with the Stash-Jira updates. It might not have the more detailed logic that you mention in your description. In which case, you're back to the custom plugin mentioned by Jobin.

Seen it already and it's incompatible with JIRA 6.

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

Uh oh. We're upgrading to Jira 6 this weekend. Since I support Stash, I may have some new work to do.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

It doesn't exist now. But you can create a Stash plugin to look for keywords and process the related JIRA issue using the JIRA REST APIs.

If only my boss would give me the time to do that.

Suggest an answer