Automatically move Issue to 1 column in another board

Julie Reviglio August 17, 2022

Hoping someone can help me! I have this automation rule I am working to move 1 issue to another board but it is not working for me.

ie - our 'Warehouse' board gets to a column and if there is a discrepancy with stock, then I want all issues in the Accounts column to move to 'Stock Related Invoices' board in the 'Supply Issues' column.

This  is the automation what I have :

When: Issue transitioned

FROM

To Be Actioned

TO

Selected for Development (Accounts Column)

Then: Create a new

Same issue type

in

Stock Related Invoices

Sorry my snipping tool wouldn't paste here

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

You can not "move" an issue from one board to another.  

Boards are not containers of issues, they are a view of a selection of issues.

To make it look like an issue "moves from one board to another", you have to set up your boards to select different range of issues, then "move" the issue by changing data on it that make it de-selected by the first board, and selected by the second.

0 votes
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Julie Reviglio

There are 2 things here. Using the automation, you are creating a new issue of the same issuetype, during the transition. This issue should be displayed in 'Stock Related Invoices' board in the 'Supply Issues' column for which you can map the corresponding status to the status issues column of that board.

If you want the issues in the accounts column in Warehouse board to move to the other board, modify the automation to transition the issue to a different status based on the stock discrepancy. And map the statuses accordingly in the columns of both the boards.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Hi Bharathi,

I'm only a month and half into Jira so still working it out, can you describe for me how I would do that?

Are you able to basic it down for me at all?

Sorry about this and I really appreciate your answering me. Thank you

Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

@Julie Reviglio, This is all about mapping the right statuses to the exact columns of your board. In your Warehouse board, like you've mapped the "Selected for Development" status in Accounts Column, once the issue is created from the automation/you've decided to transition the same issue to the other status, map that status to 'Supply Issues' column in 'Stock Related Invoices' board to make it look like the issue has been moved from one board to another.

Ideally, we are not making any changes to the issue based on the board, but instead, modifying the issue's status as needed and displaying them on the right column in the right board at the right time.

Thanks!

Thanks Bharathi, So this is what I have so far... am I getting closer?Automation Rule Invoice Warehouse.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events