Automatically issue log to Jira

Piyush Patel April 8, 2014

Is there any way(i mean an addon or plugin or tools) by which we can logged ticket automatically to Jira?

2 answers

1 vote
Kapil Bolli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

Hi Piyush,

You can use JIRA's Issue creation through mail service.

Reference:https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

-Kapil

Piyush Patel April 8, 2014

@Kapil,

Thanks for your suggestion. But i need something different. Like i have so many testcase written in Excel or any Test management tool. If i execute those and mark as fails then ticket would logged to jira by extracting Test step as Step to reproduce, Actual result will be summary etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2014

You'll need to go into more detail about your exact requirements

What we're saying is "yes" - you can log issues in Jira in all sorts of ways. Some systems have plugins that help you with it or add functions to do it within their UIs. There are plugins for Jira that will pull or accept data from other systems. It has an open API that you can use and it accepts emails off-the-shelf, and some plugins provide other routes.

But we can't go into detail about any of them until you can define what you actually want.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2014

Lots of systems do that. Depends on what you're running, and if you can't find something that suits you, you can write something that does it. Even a simple script can raise and update issues in Jira over the REST interface.

You'll need to go into a lot more detail in your requirements to get anything more detailed than "use REST or email"

Suggest an answer