Automatically import Jira issues to Excel of which multiple people can refresh the data

Felicia Nathhorst Malmgren September 12, 2019

Hi,

I want to have a direct import from Jira to an Excel sheet (which is stored on Sharepoint) where the members of my team can refresh the data.

By using an API token I managed to set up the import and everything works fine. But when someone else refresh the data, they get an error. My filter is open and the location where the Excel file is stored on Sharepoint is shared by us all. 

Anyone who's got a solution on how to make it work?

2 answers

0 votes
Maura Oei February 22, 2021

Hi, did you ever figure out a way for this to happen? I am running into the same issue?

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Hi @Maura Oei 

Not exactly beacause Felicia didn't answer. What is you problem?

Regards,

Sebastian

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

Hi @Felicia Nathhorst Malmgren 

How looks permissions to filter that you want to import?

Regards,

Seba

Felicia Nathhorst Malmgren September 12, 2019

Hi Seba,

It's set to a group for my company. I have sent it to a colleague who can access and view it. Does this answer your question?

Best,

Felicia

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

Hi

Did you try to set anonymous or any logged in?

Felicia Nathhorst Malmgren September 17, 2019

Hi @Sebastian Krzewiński 

I've tried any logged in user as well. I don't have the option to choose anonymous. My options are Group, Project, Any logged in user, and public. For clarification, this is the settings for my filter in Jira. For the permissions in Power Query in Excel, I choose Basic as I'm using an API to get the data. Perhaps there's another way for that part?

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2019

"Basic" you mean Basic auth?

What user do you use to authenticate with JIRA from Power Query?

Suggest an answer