Is there a way to automatically create new sprints within JIRA Agile on an Atlassian OnDemand instance?
- We use week-long sprints that start at Monday morning and end Friday evening
- We plan our sprints several sprints ahead of time
- Only certain people have permissions to create new sprints
- We would like to automatically create new sprints periodically to avoid the situation where there are no new sprints because the only people with permissions forgot to create the new sprints
- I looked at using the JIRA REST API for this but it doesn't look like there is an API to create new sprints
If you know your rapid-board id, then you can create a new unstarted sprint by calling a POST request with:
(with no data attached)
I'd still be interested in any way to generate a new unstarted sprint automatically on a trigger from within JIRA, e.g. on the Friday before the current Sprint ends.
I found that thread when I was doing googling about this issue, but when I read through that thread I encountered two issues: 1) that thread applies to JIRA 6.1.5, whereas we are using JIRA OnDemand v6.2.xxx; 2) the documentation that thread points to is not very clear about how to use the JIRA REST APIs, and most of the documentation that thread links to does not include the "sprint" REST API.
I looked through all of the JIRA OnDemand docs and none of them call out support for the "sprint" REST API.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs